Phase 01: Produce Drupal Infrastructure for Volunteer Metadata Collection
Submitted by kentbye on Thu, 2005-04-07 13:46. Collaboration | Decentralization | Drupal | Folksonomy | Roadmap
- * Drupal Modules
* Folksonomy & Taxonomy
* User Interface
* Collaborative Journalism
- * Create a Drupal-based infrastructure that facilitates the centralized collection of volunteer metadata on original interview source material.
* Break up interviews into sound bite chunks, number the chunks for ID purposes, and provide links for users to easily contribute qualitative and quantitative metadata.
* Use blog posts to see what people find interesting and meaningful.
* Use the emergent meaning patterns from the folksonomy collection to inform a more formal thematic taxonomy development to guide the process of editing the documentary.
* Collect quantitative data on the sound bite's Source Credibility, Quality, and Thematic Taxonomy Code Number.
* Normalize the quantitative metadata and export it in a way that can be used to inform the editing process (i.e. import data into Final Cut Pro editing software).
What I have:
- * A Drupal module development plan to display soundbites as nodes and collect folksonomy tags in a del.icio.us-like manner.
* I have 30 out of the 45 interviews transcribed and ready to be posted for metadata collection.
What I need:
- * Logistical support for setting up a Drupal site
* Help with setting up a wiki
* Help with theme development
* Graphic Designers
* Feedback for this feature
* Plant seeds for coalition building in Phase 02